DUES WITHHOLDING INCENTIVE PROGRAM...
Dues Withholding is available to retirees, spouses of retirees, and survivor annuitants who are receiving an annuity from OPM.
Be sure to follow all the instructions below in order to be eligible for this special offer!
Dues Withholding Incentive Program (September 1 thru December 31, 2019.
NARFE members enrolled in NARFE's Dues Withholding (DW) program save 15% on annual dues. Members who switch from annual dues-paying to dues withholding during this time-limited special offer will earn a $20 from NARFE New York. This offer expires on December 31, 2019. Federal retirees, their spouses, and surviving spouses, who are receiving an annuity, are eligible for Dues Withholding. Active employees and NARFE Life members do not qualify for Dues Withholding.
DUES WITHHOLDING OPTIONS FOR CURRENT NARFE MEMBERS
• Current chapter members who switch to Dues Withholding program will receive a bonus of $20 and we'll reward their local chapter with a check for $5. Use NARFE Form DW-2.
• Current national members who switch to Dues Withholding program will receive a bonus of $20. Use NARFE Form DW-2.
• Current Dues Withholding Members. If you are already enrolled in our Dues Withholding program, and you would like to add your spouse as a new DW member, you'll receive the $20 reward. Use NARFE Form DW-3.
MEMBERSHIP AND DUES WITHHOLDING OPTIONS FOR NEW MEMBERS
• New members. If you are NOT a member of NARFE but are a retired and receiving a monthly annuity from OPM, you and your spouse can join NARFE as Dues Withholding members. If you both join NARFE, you'll each receive the $20 reward. Use NARFE Form DW-3.
• NOTE: New members will NOT initially receive the 15% discount. All new members will automatically be charged the amount of $40.00 for the first year. However, our $20 reward will offset the first-year dues by 50%, and then future yearly dues will be discounted by 15%.
DUES WITHHOLDING UPDATE AS OF AUG 20, 2019
1. NARFE will accept completed and scanned Dues Withholding applications in an Adobe Acrobat .pdf file format. For purposes of our NY DW Incentive Program only, the completed application may be sent as an attachment by email to me for processing. Email: email@example.com -- that will save time and postage. Of course, applications may still be mailed to Chuck Newkirk, PO Box 513, Crugers, NY 10521-0513.
2. Members applying for Dues Withholding should disregard any annual dues renewal notices that they receive in the mail. Remember, no money is to accompany any application for Dues Withholding.
special instructions for purposes of this time-limited offer
In order to qualify for this time-limited special incentive offer here are the DO's & DON'TS.
Download and complete the appropriate application (as shown above). The Dues Withholding application process cannot be done online.
Print legibly and include your email address (not your official government email address); and if applicable, your Chapter number.
Be sure to include your OPM Civil Service Annuity number (CSA# or CSF#) and your Social Security number. Remember, only retirees, spouses of retirees and survivor annuitants can apply.
Sign and date your application.
Mail and postmark your completed application no later than midnight, December 31, 2019, to
PO Box 513
CRUGERS, NY 10521-0513
For the duration of this limited special incentive program only, DO NOT mail your completed application directly to the NARFE Membership address on the form. Mail it to the address indicated above instead for validation and processing.
Send NO MONEY with your application for Dues Withholding.
The Fine Print. Only federal and postal retirees, spouses of retirees, and survivor annuitants are eligible for Dues Withholding. Active employees and Life Members of NARFE are not eligible. Enrolling in Dues Withholding CANNOT be done online. Dues payments are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. NARFE dues for dues withholding members and local chapter dues (if applicable) are to be withheld annually. Applications accepted by NARFE are then coordinated with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and may take anywhere from 60 to 90 days or more before deductions will be seen in your Annuity Statement from OPM. New members will NOT initially receive the 15% discount. All new members will automatically be charged the amount of $40.00 for the first year. After the first year, a 15% discount will be applied.